Happy Ramblings: Christmas wishes to all who visit my blog!

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas wishes to all who visit my blog!

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas from the Happy Ramblings blog

 I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas with lots of fun and laughter, and that Father Christmas is good to you. 

Yesterday mum, dad and I enjoyed our Christmas Eve dinner. We had a lovely cold meal because it was too hot and humid here do anything else. I tried to make it look Christmassy with a selection of red, white and green foods.

Our cold Christmas dinner dishes

The day before, Mum and I went to Farro to choose some cheeses and enjoyed a little cheese sampling session. I told the assistant that I like the flavour of Maasdam, and do not like goats cheese or blue cheese. I have never been able to get blue cheese more than a hands length away from my mouth without gagging. I really did try.

The first cheese I tried was very bland, so much so that I can't remember the name of it. Then I tried a second cheese....aaargh.....he tricked me....it was disgusting. Mum said the expression on my face was classic. Mum gave the cheese a taste and said it was just like blue cheese, even though it had no icky black and blue, disgustingly horrible mouldy bits in it. I couldn't get the taste out of my mouth. The third cheese was delicious though. It was Old Rotterdam Gouda. My mouth is watering just thinking of it; sweet, nutty, tangy and salty. We bought some of that, plus some Maasdam. Mum and dad also chose a blue cheese from the supermarket.

Blue cheese (left), Old Rotterdam Gouda (top) and Maasdam (right)

We also bought Italian Mozzarella, pepperdews and olives from Farro. The pepperdews and green olives were stuffed with feta cheese and I arranged the strawberry tomatoes with the Mozzarella and fresh basil leaves.....yummy!  We also had four different types of fish; Salt herrings, roll mops plus cold smoked and hot smoked salmon.

Pickles, strawberry tomatoes, mozarella and basil, olives and stuffed pepperdew

 We ate so much that we couldn't manage any dessert and were satisfied to finish the meal with the cheeses. Afterwards I opened my Santa sack. That is a story for another post.

Enjoy yourself in the meantime! xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment